Thursday, May 29, 2008

Music Review: "The Best of the Steve Miller Band 1974-1978"

Alright, picked this little baby up after seeing an empty case for it. I'm a gigantic Steve Miller Band fan, to tell you the truth. I get a lot of it from my dad, who introduced them to me when I was literally a baby. I don't remember much, but apparently I was a huge fan of them when I was a young kid. That hasn't changed in the slightest. Let's get to it:

There is not a single bad song on this entire album. Not one bad song. Granted, it's a "Best Of" and I'm a huge fan, so there may be some bias there, but if that is the case then it's useless to say that my opinion isn't valid, because I'm a fan because I listen to their music and enjoy it. Phew. Anyways! This thing doesn't even need to be compiled in any certain order, because they're all "up" songs; they all work with eachother in any order you put them in. This album is fantastic, I mean it. All of your favorites from some of their best years. These are all the ones they're remembered for and some they aren't, but they're all equally cool (even if the lyrics in "Take the Money and Run" are sort of dumb).

Overall Rating: 9.5/10
"It would be 10 if only I didn't know that there must be something out there that would be better than this, but so far I haven't found much in that department. Better than Steve Miller? Bull."

No comments: